Sunday, January 6, 2008

Phillip Jeremiah

A year ago today is when my little boy was taken from me. I cant believe it has been a year since I held him. I could never ever began to explain how much I miss him, there are no words to describe the emptiness in my life without him; everywhere I go I feel like something is missing, as if my family is not complete. To mothers out there let me just touch the surface of what I feel like; have you ever been without your child for an hour, or a day or even a week, you know the feeling of anxiety to get back to your baby? And you know you are counting down the moments until you see him again, wanting to hold them, smell them, kiss them, see there smile, there warm hugs and just grab them up and love on them, well for me its been a YEAR of that horrible lost feeling, missing/wanting him with ME. There is so much I miss about him, to share just a few;

I miss his adorable face

I miss his wobbly legs

I miss his way he said "ma,ma"

I miss him saying "Paa" (for Lil.Paul)

I miss his little fingers signing (DEMANDING) for "more"

I miss his dry cereal all over the kitchen floor

I miss his wet chewed pieces of paper from his books

I miss waking up to toys on the floor that he threw out of the crib

I miss watching him and Lil.Paul playing together

I miss being proud of EVERY little accomplishment he made

I miss him grabbing hold of any plate with food set in front of him if you were not watching!

I miss the way he threw a ball

I miss how he always acknowledged someone with a handshake

I miss how he kissed me with an open mouth

I miss how he would try to take the gum out of my mouth, sometimes I gave it to him!

I miss soy milk

I miss being known as "Phillips mom" not Leona;)

I miss feeling like I had a very important job

I miss anticipating him walking, getting his last teeth, talking more, and any other special event

I miss putting his hands around my neck to help him hug me

I miss his giggle

I miss how he would roll all over the house

I miss him in the "play room" with Lil.Paul

I miss singing to him

I miss him trying to do my Tae-boe exercise tape

I miss him singing

I miss the bathroom floor soaked from him and Lil.Paul splashing in the bath

I miss how Lil.Paul and him would play "hide and seek"

I miss seeing him in the car seat when I look through my car mirror

I miss his "wave"

I miss him "blowing kisses"

I miss him reaching out to me

I miss his little hands clapping with excitement

I miss SO Much about him!!

One day I know I will be with him again.

I love you Phillip!
Ma ma.....



10 comments:

Lady Dorothy said...

Oh, Leona! How beautifully expressed!

I have a huge lump in my throat and tears in my eyes.

Anonymous said...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Leona}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Your post today gave me a heart-wrenching glimpse into what you deal with every minute of every day. My heart is broken with yours, and yet still rejoices to know we will see your angel again.
I admire how you STILL stand for the Lord. Not many people could do so with such grace.

I love you and am thinking of you.

amy k* said...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Leona}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Your post today gave me a heart-wrenching glimpse into what you deal with every minute of every day. My heart is broken with yours, and yet still rejoices to know we will see your angel again.
I admire how you STILL stand for the Lord. Not many people could do so with such grace.

I love you and am thinking of you.

Tamera - aka TJ said...

Leona, It's so easy to forget the pain you go through day to day, when I have my hands so full with my own two. I can not imagine it. Your words were beautiful and so touching. They made me cry, and my heart wept with you. I also rejoice with you that one day you'll get to see him again. *Hugs* TJ

Gombojav Tribe said...

Thank you for being so open and honest, Leona.

This morning I cried through worship thinking of you and your little Phillip.

This is truly a beautiful post.

Martiel said...

I miss not being able to have meet him. He was a beautiful child, I could only imagine through your stories and sweet photos of him.

VLMaples said...

Thanks for sharing your special angel with all of us. you can see the joy and delight in his eyes is a reflection of your live for him. One day we will all be reunited and what a day of celebration that will be!

Too often the second year is harder; I know I was surprised this year at how badly I missed Cindy and Jorge. I can tell you it does get better; I lost Drew in 93 and while I still miss him, it is not the gut-wrenching ache of yore. Three gone, one still here, I just feel blessed to share in their lives. I am a better person for having been their mom...

Valerie

Serena Abdelaziz said...

*sigh I love you...still beautifully expressed years later.

THE Princess Bombshell* said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHILLIP!!!!!!!! We miss you, too!!!!!!!!

I love you, Leona!!!!!!!!

Lady Dorothy said...

Happy birthday, Phillip! We love and miss you!

Leona, I had the same response to your beautiful tribute as I did the first time I read it. One can really feel your heart.