Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Daily devotions

I decided that I'm going to blog my daily devotions (hopefully) everyday... Every day when I read a devotion from my book, I feel like I should be writing them on here for "someone" to read, I don't know who, or if anyone?! BUT I will for as long as I feel like God wants me to.

Wednesday Feb.10th

"Jesus stooped down"

LIFT them!

Remember the woman "caught in the act" of adultery? The Pharisees stooped to pick up stones. Jesus stopped to pick her up. Which group are you in? You cant be choosy about who you help. Some of us think we should only help those who believe like we do. NO. "Uphold the weak, be patient with all" (1 Th 5:14 NKJV).
Theres a story about a guy who fell into a pit and couldnt get out: A subjective person came along and said, "I feel for you down there." An objective person came along and said, "Well, its logical somebody would fall down there." A Pharisee said, " Only bad people fall into pits." A judgmental Christian said, "You deserve your pit." A realist said, "Now thats a pit." A geologists told him to apprecitate the rock strata in the pit. A tax agent asked him if he was paying taxes on the pit. A self-pitying person said, "You havent seen anything until you've seen my pit." An optimist said, "Things could be worse." A pessimist said, "Things will get worse." Jesus, seeing the guy in the pit, reached down, took him by the hand and lifted him out of the pit.
Have you noticed how Jesus ends his famous parable about the Good Samaritan? "Go and do likewise" (Lk.10:37 NKJV). You have power to affect the lives of those around you. Your encouragement can be the difference-maker in someones day, week, or even life, sending them in a whole new direction. But its difficult to encourage people if you don't know what they need. So become a student of people. Learn what makes them tick, know what lifts them.

4 comments:

Lady Dorothy said...

What devotional book are you using, Leona?

Leona said...

"The word for you today" (Dec. Jan. Feb. copy)
It is just one that I got from my mom, its a little paper book that you can get multiple copies for free. I have a few devotionals, but this one is the one I have stuck with reading daily...
twfyt@wordforyou.com

My name is Bonnie, said...

I like that God is leading you to share like this. It's a blessing in many ways!

Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking the time to make this available to those of us who don't get the booklet.