Sunday, December 30, 2007

This is a letter I received from the Paso Robles library;

Dear Lechuga Family,
A donation was made earlier this year to the Children's Library in your family's name to honor Phillip Lechuga. With that gracious donation, we were able to add the following books to our collection (see below). Special care was taken to find quality titles related to Downs Syndrome, as requested. A nameplate honoring Phillip was placed in each one. I apologize for the delay in getting this letter to you, but wanted to extend my gratitude to you and let you know how the donation was spent.


With Regards,
Kris Bell, Children's Librarian

1,2,3 For You And Me by Meg Girnis
Be Good to Eddie Lee by Virginia Fleming
I Can, Can You? by Marjorie W. Pitzer
Luke Has Downs Syndrome by Jillian Powell
My Friend Isabelle by Eliza Woloson
Our Brother has Downs Syndrome: an Introduction for Children by Shelley Cairo
We Can Do It! by Laura Dwight

I knew that there was a donation made by Phillips Therapists, I received a card notifying me about it and who did the donation; then I went in and let them know what types of books I would like. So they did a great job in doing this, I'm so pleased. Little Paul and Jordan have already checked out some of the books, and they were so thrilled to KNOW that his name was printed on them! I really appreciate these ladies who did the donation, they are all so very special for doing this.
So if you are interested, check'em out!

4 comments:

auntie said...

Thanks to the people who did this for our precious Philip,Jordan gets so excited when she checks out a book about her cousin she loves so much!

Gombojav Tribe said...

Wow! That's a special thing! How beautiful.

Lady Dorothy said...

What a wonderful legacy! I will look them up, too, for all my babies. Thanks for letting us know.

Thank you to the donors!

Anonymous said...

Well, we've gotten 6 out of the 7 so far...

-- Sarah-Kate*