Saturday, May 9, 2009

Yet another!!

Thank you Carol!!

The Cord
We are connected,
My child and I,
By an invisible cord
Not seen by the eye.
It's not like the cord
That connects us 'tilbirth,
This cord can't be seen
By any on earth.
This cord does its work
Right from the start,
It bonds us together,
Attached at the heart.
I know that it's there
Though no one can see
The invisible cord
From my child to me.
The strength of this cord,
Is hard to describe,
It can't be destroyed,
It can't be denied.
It's stronger than any cord
Man could create.
It withstands the test,
Can hold any weight.
And though you are gone,
Though you're not here withme,
The cord is still there,
But no one can see.
It pulls at my heart,
I am bruised...
I am sore.
But this cord is my lifeline
As never before.
I am thankful that GodConnects us this way,
A parent and a child--Death can't take it away!
Terri Apostolakos

No comments: